Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: how separate textures ?  (Read 1779 times)

lebonmarie

how separate textures ?
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:06:04 AM »
Hey,
I have two objets in my railclone, how separates textures of this two objets ?
Thanks

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: how separate textures ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
Hi!

You can only apply a single material to a RailClone object so you will need to create a Multi-Sub object material that uses different IDs for each segment.

I hope that makes sense, please let me know if I can help further.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

lebonmarie

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »
I've a problem   :-\

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:56:03 PM »
Hi,

It looks like some of the faces on your rocks have the same material as the cage. If you can upload your file here I'll hapilly take a look and be able to give you more specific advice.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

lebonmarie

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 05:01:11 PM »
i can't it's too fat  :(

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 05:20:06 PM »
If you don't mind you can send it to support@itoosoft.com using a file transfer service like wetransfer if the file is too large for email.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 07:20:21 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for the file, I've taken a look and made the following changes. In this example I've assumed that you want to randomise 10 rock textures on the gabion wall. If you want more or less you would have to adjust some of these steps.

• Change the source geometry slightly. I randomly assigned materials IDs from 1 to 10 onto the stones using the MaterialByElement modifier. This number may need to change depending on the number of stone textures you would like to randomise.
  • Change the wire frames Material ID so that it is one greater than the number of textures, in this case it would be ID 11

• Attach the stones and the wire together into a single object, there's no need to separate them in this case and it'll be easier to manage in RC later.
  • In RailClone I created a new Material node for each of the stone's IDs and wired them together in sequence. Each node randomises a different ID between 1 and 10, so the first node randomises ID 1 between 1 and 10, the second ID 2 between 1 and 10, the third ID 3 between 1 and 10 ... and so on. In this way each time the gabion wall segment is used it's stone materials have been randomised.
  • For even more randomisation you could add a UVW Xform modifier with randomise Offset on to move the textures for each instance

• The material is a multi-sub object material set up as follows with the stone materials wired into ID slots 1 - 10 and the wire in ID 11.

• Finally I recommend setting the Generator's Default Mode to Adaptive to prevent segment's from being sliced.

You should now have a gabion wall with randomised  textures.

I have sent you the ammended file via wetransfer. You should receive it soon but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software