Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: I'm looking for a solution to Array 2S1 default slot  (Read 391 times)

Joker1979

I'm looking for a solution to Array 2S1 default slot
« on: June 27, 2022, 08:43:35 AM »
I have a question if anyone knows how to make the default slot have a beginning, middle and end as a different element. I have tried everything, I managed to do it by connecting the beginning and end to the corners, but I need another solution, because I want when modifying the spline I would like the beginning and end to be always in the same place and only the middle should expand. The spline is closed so I can't use separate start and end slots. I have shown in the images below what I mean.

Joker1979

Re: I'm looking for a solution to Array 2S1 default slot
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 08:50:59 AM »
Ultimately I want it to be like this picture, when I move the spline to the right the beginning and the end will be unchanged but the middle I want it to duplicate indefinitely. What do I have to do to achieve such an effect.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 11:58:18 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question. Using the Corner inputs is probably the best way to solve this. I would use A Compose operator with 3 segments attached. The middle one would be the corner piece and the other two are the start and end pieces. In that way the Default input will repeat as you request. Please see the attached for a simplified mockup of this approach.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 12:51:23 PM »
I've done that before, too, by combining these objects with the corner, but I'm making such a complicated object that I was wondering if there's any other way to do it, because if I combine all the nodes it'll be a big mess, but if I don't have any other solution, I'll probably do it this way. Thx for fast help :)