Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone corner align  (Read 507 times)

DT

Railclone corner align
« on: June 13, 2022, 02:56:20 PM »
Hi,

Ive been struggling with this for many years and I still can't wrap my head around it. In the end I start breaking vertices and doing corners manually but there's probably a way easier way of doing this.

Problem

1. I have a corner segment in a Linear1S that needs to be in the corner and the default segment needs to stop where the corner begins. I have tried many ways but I never get the result I want, sometimes it's only partially cut, sometimes not at all.
2. This segment only aligns good in the convex corners, not the concave one. Also here I tried numerous ways of aligning to path or not and rotating the pivot point. To no avail. This is also a segment that can only have one orientation so it matters that it is aligned correctly. Do I need to use a conditional here?

Thank you.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Railclone corner align
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 09:41:53 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question. Please take a look at the attached file for a possible solution. Here's how it works.

- The pivot for the corner piece should be right in the corner - where it would sit on the spline's vertex
- Bend and Slice is disabled for the Corner Segment
- In the Generator's Corner settings:

Align to Path is Off
      Bevel Mode = None

- Export the X Size of the corner and the Y Size of the wall
- Add an Arithmetic node and subtract the wall thickness from the X size of the corner.
- Add a new Transform node after the Corner segment and wire the Arithmetic node to its Right Padding value.
- That takes care of one corner. To create the other angle, you'll need to wire it to a Mirror operator and flip on Y.
- To switch between them, create a Conditional node and wire the mirror to the True input and the Transform to the false. Enable Angle, testing for Greater than 181 degrees.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

DT

Re: Railclone corner align
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 12:29:29 PM »
Thank you Robert. I'll give it a shot. Sorry for the late reply :-).