Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone items are visible in Viewport but have now decided not to render ??  (Read 5315 times)

3dvisuals.co.uk

Hi,

I have been rendering my scene with the preset guttering & drainpipes, no problems.

I've been working on my scene today, I've not had to touch my Railclone Preset Gutters and Drainpipes, but now, when I render, they aren't rendering (VRay) - they are visible in my scene, in my viewports, I can click on them and in the Modify panel things all look okay, the "Object Correct" message is visible, I can open the Edit Dialog box and can see segments / arrays etc......

The rest of my scene renders as before, minus all my RailClone guttering ????

Any ideas guys ?

Many thanks.

Kindest regards,

Jez
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:40:36 PM by 3dvisuals.co.uk »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
HI Jez,

that sounds unusual. Would you be able to send me the file? I probably only need the guttering and their splines as long as the problem still exists in the file.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

3dvisuals.co.uk

Hi Paul,

Sure, please let me know the address to send it too.

I'd prefer to send you the whole file so that you have exactly what I have.

Many thanks.

Kindest regards,

Jez

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi Jez,

Please send the file to support@itoosoft.com. It might be worth increasing the Display > Limits values too. Corners and bends are not instanced so if there are a lot of them it's possible that the RailClone object is exceeding it's polycount.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

3dvisuals.co.uk

Hi Paul,

And thanks for your quick reply - I'm based in the UK, so, am not sure where you are and what time zone you're in (it's currently coming up to 7pm my local time).

I've sent you an email with a Dropbox link to the email address you gave.   Zipped Archive file size is 83mb.

For information, I'm using 3DS Max Design 2014, V-Ray 3.20.03 and RC 2.5.0.

I did try altering the setting you mention, but that didn't fix things.

Many thanks for your assistance - I really appreciate it.

Kindest regards,

Jez

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi Jez,

Thanks for the extra information. I'll take a look and get back to you asap. I'm UK based too, so it'll probably be first thing tomorrow. Hope that's ok.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi Jez,

Thanks for the scene. We analysed it and looks like the scene was created or edited with non-legitimate version of RailClone Pro.
I just sent you more details on how to fix this via e-mail.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

3dvisuals.co.uk

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

You are right - I used the extra resource of a freelancer who has since explained his use of non-legal software......

Obviously i'm not a happy bunny but will get this sorted - as you know I have legal copies of both Forest Pack and RailClone.

Many thanks.

Kindest regards,

Jez
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:58:46 AM by 3dvisuals.co.uk »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi Jez,

No problem. We could see that you have legitimate licenses,  I suspected a freelancer was involved.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

3dvisuals.co.uk

Thanks Paul.

I did all that you said and it all works like a charm once more :)

Incidentally, can you answer two questions for me please ?

1)  As a newbie user of RC, when using the presets like the Gutters / Downpipes, I took a look in the Style Editor and don't see any Properties for these styles.  Is that  because they have been locked and editing of them isn't allowed ?

2)  Please could you take a look at the attachment to see a situation I sometimes find myself experiencing with guttering turning 90degs inwards.  There appears errors in the geometry.

Many thanks once again for all your rapid support - Itoo are the best :)

Kindest regards,

Jez
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:04:26 AM by 3dvisuals.co.uk »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi Jez,

Glad to hear it's working.

1)  As a newbie user of RC, when using the presets like the Gutters / Downpipes, I took a look in the Style Editor and don't see any Properties for these styles.  Is that  because they have been locked and editing of them isn't allowed ?

We're happy for you to edit our libraries, in fact they're a great way to help understand RailClone. You should be able to see the properties of any style, the only reason the properties might not display is in the event that the object was created with the non-legit license. It might also be work resetting the style editor in case you've accidentally closed to properties panel. To do this just go to View > Restore Default Layout

2)  Please could you take a look at the attachment to see a situation I sometimes find myself experiencing with guttering turning 90degs inwards.  Their appears errors in the geometry.

Thanks for spotting this, it's an error in the style. When these were created RailClone had a glitch that would always use the Left Padding for the Right padding automatically in empty segments. This has been fixed since,  which means there's no right padding value for the corner. To fix it:

• Open the Style editor and find the empty segment connected to the Corner inputs of the Gutter and Brackets generators.
  • Copy the Left Padding value to the Right Padding.

If it doesn't work please let me know and I'll send you a corrected version. We will also fix the version in the library for the next release.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

3dvisuals.co.uk

Hi Paul,

All of those issues, thanks to your suggestions, have gone away.

Many thanks for all your help.

Kindest regards,

Jez