Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Facade on multiple buildings  (Read 1216 times)

raumgleiter

Facade on multiple buildings
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »
Hi all
I'm working on a city concept, where I want to distribute some facades on buildings. My base are some boxes, I attached a screenshot.
The goal is now to "populate* the scene with facades and I'm stuck with the concept to realize this. It is easy to build a regular floor/facade, but when it gets to the heights' I'm lost.
How can I dstribute the facades with different, but defined heights? I'm scared to do each building by it's own, since it would be a huge amount of work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Facade on multiple buildings
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 03:51:03 PM »
Hi,

For these purposes, I would suggest you to use the newly added "Style Linking" feature (it lets you link the RC object to another, so Style changes done on Master are dynamically reproduced on Slave). Attaching a screen-shot. Hope you'll find it helpful.

Best regadrs,

raumgleiter

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:24:21 PM »
Hello Michal
Thanks for the fast response. Did I get you right, your approach is to do each house individually and apply a masterstyle to each of it? In a large environment, I would have to place like 70 RC-Objects, right? Or am I missing something?

FC1888

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »
Say you have 4 vertical planes, separate objects and want to use the same style on each. .but then you decide to change that style, using linking will change the style for all.

Example.. create 4 separate rectangular splines. Assign a RC object and a style to one of them.. now create a second RC object, in the scene, go to modify panel and below Mater Style, click on NONE and select the first RC object you created, this will link the second to the first and should you change the first, all others will change along with it.

Hope my explanation helps.

raumgleiter

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
Thanks for the answer. The technical aspect is clear. But if you look a the screenshot, I have to "rebuild" about 20 houses, maybe even more later. That would be 80 RC-Objects and I have to build each spline by hand. Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but the goal is to replace every cube with a whole house (facade and roof).

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 09:46:27 AM »
Hi,

In the upcoming RC3, a new feature has been added - the "Auto Align" option to Array Generator > Extend X/Y Size mode. This option creates array aligned automatically with each sub-spline. This mode is very suitable for roof and panels. Two modes are available. For both modes Z axis is always perpendicular to the plane formed by the spline. a) "X --> XY": X axis is parallel to the RailClone XY plane (considering local axis of the object). b) "to Spline": X axis is aligned with first Spline's segment (you can use "Make first" vertex and "Reverse" spline to modify alignment).

Please feel free to give a try the recently published RailClone Pro 3.0.4 beta.

By creating these shapes form your meshes, you should be able to build all arrays automatically. Hope that helps.

Best regards,