Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC4+ suggestion for new functionality  (Read 458 times)

Lars Egerrup / LKE Design

• LKE design website
RC4+ suggestion for new functionality
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:41:10 AM »
Still working on refining my Office Layout Generator, and I got an idea,  - handling of animated objects for variation.

In some cases there is a need for an inserted object to have various positions to make the scene look realistic - take fx a work lamp. It is very unlikely that a lamp has exactly the same angle in all joins - probably no lamp will be exactly the same.

TIll now I have solved it by making a number of lamps with various positions, baked them to a mesh and then added each variant to a random selector, - the downside of this is that it take up memory for each lamp.

I was wondering if it would be possible to integrate animation nodes in the segment, - could be that it should be a proxy with saved animation,  - and the segment then could choose a random node (position variant) when inserted.  You have a kind of this in Forest.

Just an idea, - don't know if this is possible at all?! :)
Lars Egerrup
LKE Design

E: Lars@LKEdesign.dk
W: www.LKEdesign.dk

Rokas

Re: RC4+ suggestion for new functionality
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 09:45:13 AM »
You can create that lamp with RC, add some random parameters and nest those RC objects.
Rokas

Lars Egerrup / LKE Design

• LKE design website
Re: RC4+ suggestion for new functionality
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 09:48:29 AM »
True - I am just afraid that it can become fairly complex in RC - but I'll give it a try.
Lars Egerrup
LKE Design

E: Lars@LKEdesign.dk
W: www.LKEdesign.dk