Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Door with more control  (Read 639 times)

CharlyRT

Door with more control
« on: June 30, 2022, 05:56:04 PM »
Hi there, yesterday I was practicing with the Door tutorial that was published in the last month Q&A Emission, everything ok with that, but I need some help improving my Door Design in order to have more control parameters.

The Door has Horizontal Board pzs and a Vertical one where is the Handle, I want to control with the size of the Boards and the quantity, right now I cannot closed the Horizontal Board and cannot control the quantity and size of the boards.

In the attahced File (Max 2020) there's an example that I have made using Parametric Controls with 3ds Max Splines and Modifiers. Hope someone could help me achieving the same results.

Thanks

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Door with more control
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »
Hi,

Please see the attached file for a possible solution. I've changed the following:

- Sliced the boards up so that the chamfers are separate pieces, this will allows us to rescale the boards without deforming these sections

- Wired the appropriate chamfers to the top, bottom, corner, and Y Evenly inputs. Used the Segment Y Role Macro to target the ends of the Y Evenly segments.
- Created a macro to scale the Start, End and Default segments to fill the space between the Y Evenly Segments. Note that this requires the most recent version of RailClone as it uses YSectionAdjustedLength.
- Exported the Y Evenly property and wired it to a new Numeric node so that you can control the size of the boards from the Modify panel,
- Took the vertical board out of the generator and created it using a new generator. It's much easier to manage it this way.
- Added a new parameter to control the width of the Vertical board and wired it to the X Size of its generator. I also subtracted it from the size of the horizontal board's generator. The two together will make up the total width of the door.
- Exported the X Offset property of the Vertical board generator and wired it to the node used to calculate the width of the Horizontal Board's generator. This will offset it so that it's on the right-hand side again.
- Connected both parts of the door to a Compose node to recombine them.

I hope that makes some sense.

All the best,

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

CharlyRT

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 08:10:38 PM »
Wooow  :o :o :o, thank u so much Paul!!!!  :D :D, I ll try to reproduce it, it was imposible for me to do it the right way, I knew that i needed to separate more pieces to gain more control, but didnt knew how to combine both pieces and couldnt even control the hotizontal ones  :(.

Thanks Again, If your making a Door galeries, feel free to use this one  ;) hahahaha, a simple question, how do you do this Gifs examples? Do you use a converter? 

Another thing, could it be possible for future releases to have an order button similar to 3ds Max Material Slate? I love to see all this connections in order and everytime i spent some time ordering (Damn TOC) ;D, also it could be helpful for begginners to see a particular order even that more complex generators needs more operators, and it could be very helpful to add a Search button in Macros.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 05:24:24 PM by RTstudio »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 02:20:07 PM »
Glad I could help out!

The software I currently for those captures is called ScreenToGif (https://www.screentogif.com/).

I'll pass on the request for an order button and macro search to the development team.

Cheers!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software