Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: No Size or Spline on Y  (Read 2333 times)

RobH2

• Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a bit
    • NVision4D
No Size or Spline on Y
« on: March 15, 2016, 07:50:46 PM »
I'm fairly new here and have a problem that I'm sure is simple but I can't get around it.

I have an 'Array2S' with two spline nodes. 'X Spline' is a horizontal spline in my scene and 'Y Spline is a vertical spline. The two nodes are plugged in properly. Pretty simple, width and height. I have a rectangular object attached to a 'Segment' node plugged into 'Default'.

In 'Style' rollout just below the 'Open Style Editor' row of buttons I have "No Size or Spline on Y" in RED. No matter what I do or how many times I recreate this simple RC, I can't get around it. I know I'm missing something stupidly simple but I can't find it.

Any ideas?

ForestPack Pro 6.3.1, RailClone 4.2.13, 3ds Max (Max 2024), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Master Motherboard, RTX4090, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: No Size or Spline on Y
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 12:02:19 PM »
Hi Rob,

It's likely that the splines are not oriented correctly. For both the X and Y Spline the length is derived from the spline's distance on its local X/Y Axis. The easiest way to set this up correctly is to create the X spline from the Top, perspective or Orthographic view on the World's XY plane. Then Create the Y Spline in the Right viewport. In both cases the splines shape on the Z axis is ignored. 

I've attached a sample scene for you to check out.

I hope that helps.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software