Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Extend x/y size to area problem  (Read 480 times)

pmac

Extend x/y size to area problem
« on: March 17, 2021, 02:35:46 PM »
Hello,
i have problem with using extend x/y size to area. When i have the option checked, i cannot change clipping area mode to exclude or include (it is greyed out) what results in problems with cutting holes in the clipping area. What may cause the problem?

Rokas

Re: Extend x/y size to area problem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 03:45:34 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forums.

When You use "Extend to clipping spline" it does just that. No need to set it as include area. You can change hole checking inside the spline with "Hierachy Checking"

This options determines the way that RailClone processes multiple or stacked splines when using Extend X/Y Size mode.
  •     Complete uses the original RC2 behaviour, stacked splines are alternatively include/exclude geometry
  •     None treats each spline as unique, overlapping or stacking splines has no effect.
  •     By Material ID uses the material ID assigned to the splines to determine which should be considered to belong to the same array.

More about this You can read in our documentation page.

In case You want a deeper RailClone understanding  I would recommend You follow our ongoing series of tutorials. You may also find helpful our detailed documentation.
I would highly recommend you to check our RailClone "Getting Started with RailClone" followed by our "Next Steps with RailClone" guides too.
Rokas

pmac

Re: Extend x/y size to area problem
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 05:28:10 PM »
Hi and thanks for your reply. When switching between different hierarchy options, i still didnt get proper holes. The problem was in the spline, it was rotated before so because of that railclone probably had some problem, i used reset xform on it and now everything works fine. Thanks for your help!