Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Wooden fence randomize  (Read 66 times)

NHimages

Wooden fence randomize
« on: April 24, 2024, 11:49:20 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to create a wooden fence with a randomize to avoid repetition between all the spikes.
My problem is that the cable that holds all theses spikes don't follow this randomize, so, is there a way to make the cable fit with the wooden spike like a node that connects both spike and cable ?
In attachments you can find all the infos about what I'm trying to make, and the 3D file with the RC.
Thx for your answer,

NHimages

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Wooden fence randomize
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 12:09:32 PM »
Hi,

You can "shift" these Segments by using the Transform > X Fixed Translation. Also, I've slightly adjusted the Left & Right Padding values and the Fixed Size to achieve equal spacing. Please find attached the modified scene (240424_RCTest_iToo.max). I hope that helps.

Best regards,

NHimages

Re: Wooden fence randomize
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:13:02 AM »
Hi,
Thx for your answer.
Your solution is "ok" tier if the fence is far but not perfect, cause at some point the cable slice the spike and make it look unnatural and wrong.
Unfortunately my wooden fence is right in front of me so we see a lot of detail of it.
So we choose the solution of making 10 samples randomize of 1M each manually ( so 10m randomize ), for the moment and for our project is enough, and in the future we'll see if we can find a better solution for it !
Thx again for your time !

NHimages