Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: is this or will this be possible in RC ? Ohhhh how much i would love it..  (Read 1202 times)

NP2889

Dear Itoo team.. 

Well Railclone as well as forrestpack are two of the best plugins for max on the market and your  support is great.

But theres one thing i cant do or i could do if i only knew how to..

I would love to array my fassade segments on my building but after this i would like to alter different parameters of my arrayed object, for example on the basis of a underlying vertex paint texture or on the basis of a magnet controler.   

for this reason in the example i attatched below, i used the script parra 3d, that offers such a possibility, but compard to the stability, your support and the ease of use of railclone this plugin rather is hmm...    difficult...

so would this allready be possible to do  ore will it be in future releases ? 

in the attatched example i panneled a segment with a morph modifierer over the surface, and used an underliying vertexpaint texture, to control the amount of the morphing of  of each contained single pannel..  this was very easy exept of the sometimes unxepected behaviour of parra 3d...

i would love to see this inside of railclone... 

greetings tom

NP2889

maybe...   just a suggestion...  youl could by para 3d....  integrate it...   make it better...    ;D ::)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi,

Thanks for all your kind words. The RailClone plug-in currently doesn't operate with maps, but the work-flow described in following "parametric bricks" thread should be applicable to your case (to use Forest Pack's Transform - Rotation - Map feature in combination with the Surface - UV mode). Hope you'll find it useful.

Let me add, that as we're adding continuously new features / upgrading existing ones, any ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.

Best regadrs,

NP2889

Thnaks for your answer Michal.

but i think this doesnt do the trick...  (in betwenn the bricks question was from me too...   ;) )

the segment that i wish to pannel in itselv involves a morph modifier, that morphs the geometry of each segment, depending on a given input parameter, as in the para 3d example i showed, the color of an underlying vertex paint.   it also could be a spline , or a vertex to reach the aim.

to get the effect i want, i would have to use the internal morphparameters of each single segment

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi,

A possible workaround for this scenario might be to use the Animation - Frame from Map feature and "animate" the Morpher modifier of the used Custom Object. This way "corresponding samples" will be placed upon the map. Hope that helps.

Best regards,