Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone problem - need help!  (Read 2346 times)

FF2576

Railclone problem - need help!
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:06:21 AM »
Hi everybody,
I have a problem that can't resolve in any way, probably for advanced users its simple.
I have to make panels on a simple surface with possibility of panels rotation, I already read some tutorials on the site but nothing, its really frustating. :'(
I attach the simple .max file for better understanding my problem.
Thank you very much!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Railclone problem - need help!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 11:58:39 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. The main issue here is that the clipping spine and the surface are coincident. Internally RailClone, creates an array that is larger than the clipping spline and then performs a boolean operation to remove the excess. Because of this the surface needs to be larger than the clipping spline to ensure the edges don't deform in unwanted ways. You can then rotate the entire array using the generator's Clipping Area > Z Rotation property.

Please see the attached file for an example. I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

FF2576

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 12:21:18 PM »
Thank you for your answer, I tried to do what you proposed but the problem remain the same. I attach you the file and a jpg so you can see. If I put the spline into the boundaries of the surface the panels have some strange effects.

FF2576

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »
Maybe the solution is to put railcone objects to every surface separatly?