Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone - Start-End between Vertex numbers  (Read 521 times)

UM4128

Railclone - Start-End between Vertex numbers
« on: December 01, 2022, 11:12:03 AM »
Hi, I understand there is an option for a Railclone object to start at a certain position along a Spline and give it a length (instead of using "Full Length" of Spline). But I would like to know if there is a a way to have a Railclone object start/end between assigned vertices (or in other word to assign it to certain segments only)?
Example: I have a Spline consisting of multiple vertices/segments and I want to be able to assign different Railclone objects to each segment. I don't want to explode the Spline into different objects.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Railclone - Start-End between Vertex numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 11:30:49 AM »
Hi,

I would suggest you use Material IDs for these purposes in the following way:
  • With the L1S generator selected, go to Properties>Limits and turn on Material ID.
  • Designate a Material ID value. From the drop-down list identify whether a segment is used by being either equal, lesser, greater, on not equal to this value.
  • To change the Material ID of a spline segment add an Edit Spline modifier, select a segment and go to Surface Properties>Material>Set ID
  • If you see no effect, check the Generator's Rules>Default>Mode is set to Tile or Scale. The Adaptive mode does not support Limit by Material ID.
I hope that helps.

Best regards,

UM4128

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 11:46:25 AM »
Ah yes, I see. Thank you!

UM4128

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 02:09:56 PM »
Follow-up question: is there a way to make this a parameter that can easily be set while in the modifier (without having to open the Railclone Style editor window)?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 03:38:09 PM »
You’re welcome. I’m glad to hear, that it helped. Sure, it can be “exported” (you can find it under Limits > Limit by Mat.ID) -  please feel free to check the “Exporting Parameters” section of our online documentation for more details.

Best regards,