Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone with VRay Lights  (Read 963 times)

Soluna

Railclone with VRay Lights
« on: February 10, 2021, 12:08:05 PM »
Hey  :)

Hope you´re all doing well and that all of you are in good health!

I already read somewhere that currently VRay Lights aren´t supported by Railclone. I also noticed that in Forest Pack 7 Beta VRay Lights seem to be supported! That´s why I was wondering if there are plans to implement this into Railclone, too.

I´m currently working on an interior scene which I setup with Railclone and I tried to do as much with it as possible. I´m still a beginner and I was really happy that I managed to build a system where I can now easily adjust the ceiling lamps and lamps for my stair lighting. However, these lights are only meshes with a light material cause VRay Lights aren´t supported as far as I know. But this doesn´t work too well for my current scene. It´d be really helpful if I could work with Railclone and VRay Lights in order to make everything work. The approach with Railclone is a huge timesaver for me instead of doing everything manually (booleans for the holes for the lamps, lamps, etc.).

So, my question is: Is there any kind of workaround for VRay Lights with Railclone since they´re not (yet?) supported? And can we expect a support for them in the near future, similar to Forest Pack 7?

Thanks a lot in advance and take care!! <3

Kind regards,

Soluna
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 12:22:25 PM by Soluna »

Dragan

Re: Railclone with VRay Lights
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 12:21:11 PM »
You can check this post how to combine RC + FP7 with lights
https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/xmas-2020-basic-rigging-with-railclone?back=page%3D1

Soluna

Re: Railclone with VRay Lights
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 12:23:59 PM »
Thanks a lot! I´ll try that out!