Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Macro Not Working? "Animate Along Path"  (Read 1899 times)

biglittlepictures

• Big Little Pictures
Macro Not Working? "Animate Along Path"
« on: August 17, 2018, 06:13:12 PM »
I tried to use the Macro "Animate Along Path".  I linked all nodes properly and it seems to do nothing.  Sometimes the object flickers, but it certainly isn't logical.  Is there someone on the team that can further explain this macro?  It'd be awesome to use this for many uses if I could understand it and/or see a case where it is working.

Here's my use case that created the question:  Two lane highway, extruded with RC.  Using the same highway source path, use that to animate cars on both sides of the highway, going proper opposite directions.  The only way I got this to work was to create a second derivative "outline path"  in max, then make a second rail clone for the cars/trucks and use the outlined path as the flow for the cars.  To animate the flow without flicker, I unchecked "Full Length" and animated Start value.

Side note: It would be great if there were elaborated on notes for items in included macros.  This would serve as a great learning method. 
Any Help Appreciated,
-Joel

Rokas

Re: Macro Not Working? "Animate Along Path"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 04:09:06 PM »
I have tried that and Yes, something is off. Thank You for reporting it. We will take a look into it.
Rokas

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:16:01 AM »
Update. I was using integer values for Animate property. It should be float values where 0 is spline start, 0,5 is spline middle and 1 is spline end.
Attaching a demo example.

Hope that helps.
Rokas

biglittlepictures

• Big Little Pictures
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:01:08 AM »
Right on.  That's what i was trying to do.  I did get it to work using the workaround way as well, but this is a nicer implementation.  I'll update my scene with this method.
Thanks for taking a look and being so responsive!
Much Appreciated!