Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railcone pretet slate tiles, rendering flat grey when rendering Vray GPU Next  (Read 626 times)

FC1888

OK so I recently upgrade my graphics card to a nice RTX 2060 super. I am running 3DSMax 2018 and Vray Next update 3.2 (4.30.02)

I have a scene, with two buildings, they use Railcone presets, fr roof tiles, cladding and gutters.

In the render setup dialog I set the Engine Type RTX

When I hit render, I first noticed dozens of 87 errors and 5 warnings, most regarding Railcone textures. Te cladding, needed to be a simple flat colour, so not using the presets original material setup. The gutters are material 1, black and the roof tiles are using the slate preset material

I hit render and noted a few problems.

Firstly the cladding was very reflective, like glass, so I deleted the glossiness map and reduces the reflection to black. That cured that problem
Secondly the roof tiles are rendering a flat grey, no texture at all and I imagine that was the cause of the majority of the 85 errors. I have no idea how to fix this

I was astonished, that a render which took almost 1 hour 30 minutes, on my old setup, using only the CPU, only took 6 minutes on the new one. These RTX cards are insane, but until I can find a workaround for the roof tiles not rendering correctly or an updated version of Railcone that fixes it is released, such an huge increase in speed, is not so great, if it cannot render Railclone presets correctly

So is there a work around for this or do we have to wait for Chaos Group to fix it OR do I wait for Railclone 5

Rokas

Hi,

Would You please specify which styles give You problem? I have tried few roof styles and few gutters. Works as expected.
Rokas

FC1888

Is this a Railclone color issue, at least while watching the lines of errors flying by in the vray log, it appears it doesn't like Railclone color.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 03:22:13 PM by FC1888 »

Rokas

RailClone color map is supported in vRay 5 GPU renderer.
Rokas

FC1888

Sadly I am using V-Ray Next Update 3.2 and while it is possible to upgrade from Next to 5, the cost of doing so is a bit steep at the moment, having only recently upgraded my graphics card, so I guess , at least for now, I won't be able to use Railclone, unless I avoid using the GPU. which is a shame. I was hoping that the (hopefully) upcoming Railclone upgrade would solve that problem, but I imagine there is no plan for that or is there.

Anyway Rokas, thanks for your reply, guess I shall just have to keep working, save up and upgrade to V-Ray 5 some day.

Rokas

I was hoping that the (hopefully) upcoming Railclone upgrade would solve that problem, but I imagine there is no plan for that or is there.

That has never been in our hands to solve.
Sorry, that's just how GPU works- full feature's control in ChaosGroup hands.
Rokas