RailClone > RailClone Pro (*)

Random Offset Cladding with Specific UV's

(1/3) > >>

JM2145:
I've knocked up the attached example using FloorGenerator, the problem with floor gen is the mapping.

So I have 3 brick sizes, 800*140mm, 800*80mm and 800*60mm.

Each row contains the same brick, the rows are randomized in terms of which brick size is used, each row is offset, all bricks need an individual uvw map of 1000*1000*1000mm centred to each 'brick'

There are 3 different materials, Basalt, Lavastone and Quartz, and I have 3 different version of each material, so 9 materials in total.  The materials need to be randomized on the bricks regardless of brick size

What is the most efficient way to achieve this?

Paul Roberts:
Thanks for the question. Please see the attached file, hopefully it is quite self explanatory, but if you do have any questions please let me know. For the material randomisation, I suggest using RailClone Colour, but you could also use a multi-sub material and a Material Node in RailClone to randomise the IDs if you prefer.

I hope it helps,
Paul

JM2145:
Great thanks Paul

I'll check it out now, with regards the material part, I'm fine with that bit as ultimately I'll collapse it, I just wanted to make sure each segment retained it's mapping coordinates.

JM2145:
Also, any chance you can save that scene as 2021?

Paul Roberts:
I've updated my post above with a 2019 version. Cheers,
Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version