Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: "CUREVD TOP BUT A FLAT BASE"  (Read 695 times)

EM4616

"CUREVD TOP BUT A FLAT BASE"
« on: October 05, 2022, 11:57:06 PM »
Hi,
Thank you very much for the last ask itoo video,
The question about the "CUREVD TOP BUT A FLAT BASE" was very informative.
It was probably exactly what I needed, but unfortunately I was not able to achieve this result.
I'm trying to make a facade with an upper slope but the bottom of it ends in flat ground.
Along the front I spread an element that comes out of the wall when I used RC SPLINE.
The alignment of Z on the ground looks jagged, like a zig zag and I don't know why.
In addition, I would be happy to know:
1. How do I actually determine the Z I want (if it is not zero)? That is, let's say and I want the front to align at a height of -200 CM...
2. Is it possible for the bottom alignment (the base) to be according to some spline that I determine and not according to a specific coordinate....

Attach a file.
Thank you !

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: "CUREVD TOP BUT A FLAT BASE"
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 10:08:47 AM »
Hi,

The jagged base happens because the segment is below the spline and the Vertical Top/Bottom measurements are always measured from the spline upwards. The solution therefor is just to move it above the spline a tiny amount. For example:

- For each segment, add a Translation > Z value of 0.02cm
- Set the Vertical Bottom Value to 0cm and the Vertical Top value to 0.01cm.

For your other questions.

1. How do I actually determine the Z I want (if it is not zero)? That is, let's say and I want the front to align at a height of -200 CM...
To determine the Z angle you want, just move the RailClone object. You'll probably need to reselect the spline afterwards but it'll always scale the RC object's position on the Z axis. In your example - move the RailClone object to -200cm on the Z axis and then reselect the spline to force an update (or click Build from the Display rollout)

2. Is it possible for the bottom alignment (the base) to be according to some spline that I determine and not according to a specific coordinate....

I'm afraid not at this time - it's on our wish list, but creating an array between two splines that works well is quite complicated.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 11:08:46 AM »
Hi
Easiest way would be to use one (second) splane to create a surface and use buld in macro Surface To Spline Distance to determinate Z size.

EM4616

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 12:30:31 PM »
Thank you very much everyone
It's not perfect. But it definitely helps me right now.
We will wait patiently for the next updates :)