Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Random pavement of three segments  (Read 428 times)

RealViz

Random pavement of three segments
« on: December 03, 2021, 09:08:04 AM »
Hello,
is it possible to somehow randomly stack a pavement of three segments of 10x20, 20x20, 30x20 + their 90° rotation? It's not a problem using Compose and various transformations of the segments to create a pattern, but it will repeat over time. Or is this utopia? :-)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Random pavement of three segments
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 10:21:56 AM »
Can I just clarify if that picture is what you are trying to create (which seems to have a repeating pattern so is doable) or are you looking for a layout that's completely randomised?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 10:52:22 AM »
The picture was for illustrative purposes only. It's really about random repetition. But if that's not feasible, I understand. I'll create three or four "lines" and repeat them randomly. Thanks

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 11:58:11 AM »
Please take a look at the attached, it's should be pretty close to the picture but its a repeating pattern, not randomised.

As you point out, the best way to fake it will be to create several different compositions and randomly select them.

Best,

Paul
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 01:05:11 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 01:07:24 PM »
Thanks, eventually the customer will have to accept that it won't be completely random.
Can you please send the max (2020)? I seem to have found a bug in RC 5.0.4 with padding. I tried to create a pattern like yours and the RC randomly disappeared. I don't know if I had a bug there. Maybe I will learn from your max. Thanks

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 01:13:15 PM »
Hi, I've added the file to the post.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 01:40:43 PM »
Thanks, I guess I was trying to add padding to infinity instead of using MOD. This broke the RC :-) Oh the basic math :-)