Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Gradated Probability Material Assignment to Segment on Complex Pattern  (Read 2779 times)

JulieHsieh

Hello IToo RailClone users,

I'm having issues affecting the individual segments on a complex pattern to adapt material id's using a gradated random probability along the Y-Axis via the selector index.  It seems to work when it is applied to field of single segments.  However with the complex pattern that uses series of compose/sequence, it seems to affect the composed group rather than the segments.  I tried connecting the selector to each of the 5 different source segments which yielded the same result as when I plugged in the final sequence to the selector. 

I attached the max file, looking for any possible solutions...  Thank you in advance!

Julie
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:53:32 PM by JulieHsieh »

Rokas

Re: Gradated Probability Material Assignment to Segment on Complex Pattern
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 03:02:03 PM »
You use the same random seed for all composed elements- that's why they get the same random value

Rokas

JulieHsieh

Re: Gradated Probability Material Assignment to Segment on Complex Pattern
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:08:07 PM »
 :D :D :D
Oh my god, I didn't realize the seed had to be different for each segment.  I understand now.  Thank you for taking the time to help and pointing that out.  Really appreciate it.

Julie