Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC 4.0.9. and octane  (Read 979 times)

ST3200

RC 4.0.9. and octane
« on: October 25, 2019, 01:21:51 PM »
Hi, I just upgrade to RC4.
I create a RC, I make a simple spline, pick the spline , add a style. Open Octane render viewport, and all render fine.
Then I change settings in "display" ( quickmesh then back to mesh) and boom nothing is rendered anymore. (just boxes and I choose "boxes")
I need to redo the RC and then work again.
Hope it can be resolved  :)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: RC 4.0.9. and octane
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 04:38:49 PM »
Hi, i'm checking this issue, and it seems that Octane is not following the right procedure to initialize the Max objects before rendering.
For this reason, RailClone is returning the viewport geometry to Octane, instead the render mesh.

I just wrote to Otoy support, to discuss the problem with their 3DS Max developers.
I will post here as soon as we have more information.

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

ST3200

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 06:23:48 PM »
Thanks a lot !  ;D

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 10:28:21 AM »
We received the reply from Octane team: they have simplified the standard render Max procedure for performance reasons, and therefore the RailClone objects are not updating their render state.

It can be fixed in the following way

Open the Render Setup dialog-> Kernel tab-> Render Settings rollup-> 'Notify objects on render' option can enable it for all objects / none / per object.
So 'All objects' or Per object' should be used. If Per object, select the RailClone objects, and open the Octane object properties, enable the 'Use Render mode' option.

Also in the Octane object properties dialog, 'Movable proxy' should be enabled too, to make sure changes (object parameters, time line, ..) will be updated to Octane.

Please note this change would affect the render performance.

I hope that helps.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software