Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Column Rebar RailClone Generator X Spline and Y Spline  (Read 350 times)

BK8837

Column Rebar RailClone Generator X Spline and Y Spline
« on: November 19, 2022, 11:30:18 PM »
Hello Itoo Team and Users!

I would like to scatter a rebar column on the inside intersections of the grid shown as red vertices. I also would like to control the height using the Y spline. Does anyone have a solution on how to do this RailClone?

TIA!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:53:11 AM by Paul Roberts »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Column Rebar RailClone Generator X Spline and Y Spline
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 10:00:53 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question. This can be done by nesting generators and using the Segment Y Role macro.

In the graph above the L1S generator (1) create the column. It's created using two objects: a base and a repeating wire section. I've exported the XSize so you can easily adjust it from the Modify panel.

This is wired to the X Evenly, Start and End inputs of an A2S array (2).

To get it to appear only where the X evenly columns and Y Evenly rows intersect, you can use the Segment Y Role Macro. This macro adds several additional inputs to the A2S generator when wired to a columnar input. By wiring the L1S generator to the Evenly, Top, and Bottom inputs you can create a grid that's adjustable using the X and Y Evenly Distance settings. To "trick" RailClone into thinking that the Y Evenly and Top inputs are being used, wire an empty segment to their inputs.

The file is attached for reference.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software