Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC-object invisible / Octane Render  (Read 4438 times)

JS4753

RC-object invisible / Octane Render
« on: September 25, 2014, 01:35:52 PM »
Hi,

when constructing the ground of a parking place i met a strange problem with railclone (and octane): The RC-objects are displayed correctly in the viewport but they are invisible in the rendering. The attached picture shows the original object next to the RC-object and in the render viewport at the right side one can see that the RC object is not visible. Strangely in the same document I have other RC objects which are rendered correctly. The only difference between them is that the parking ground RC-object is constructed with a clipping area, the ones that are rendered correctly are constructed along a singel spline.

When using RC Tools and instanciating the RC-objects they can be rendered but that's not what I want to do atm.

Greetings to everyone :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:40:04 PM by JS4753 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: RC-object invisible / Octane Render
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 01:57:55 PM »
RailClone has not native support for Octane, so it generates at render exactly the same mesh you get on viewport.
Did you check if the material assigned to the object is correct ?
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

JS4753

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 02:47:08 PM »
Yes I think the material is correct, it works fine on other objects. I know it doesnt have a native support for Octane  but until now it worked good for me and I think it should work fine here too because I have other RC-objects in this same scene (a roof) which is rendered correctly. Also the viewport geometry is set to mesh so it should render the mesh too. I never had this issue before  :'(

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 04:59:47 PM »
Ok, then please send us a simplified scene to support@itoosoft.com. We must check it.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

JS4753

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »
When creating a simplified scene for you to test it i did load the RC objects into a new max file and tested it there again and there they where rendered correctly.  :o Can you think of any particular reason for that or is that just a bug? There's no such thing as a maximum number of RC-objects in a scene right?

I've got another (nooby) question: Is there by chance a function to close sliced polygons of a RC-objects (as in the attached picture)?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 08:32:11 AM »
No, there is not any RC objects limit or other reason that would cause this problem. The only limits are Display->Max Faces and Max.Segments, but those should be correct since you get the geometry on the viewport.

Regarding sliced polygons, you can apply a Cap modifier to close them. We have not included any Cap function yet, but it's in the wishlist.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

JS4753

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 11:46:26 AM »
Oh nice thank you for the tip with the cab modifier, +1 for the wishlist then :)