Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC object on multiple splines  (Read 563 times)

GB2081

RC object on multiple splines
« on: May 22, 2023, 03:06:53 PM »
Hello!

I created a wooden railclone facade with a cladding macro.
Now I would like to add this single railclone to multiple splines with different orientations.
Is there a possibility to create such an object?

Thank you, Harald

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: RC object on multiple splines
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 03:15:36 PM »
Hi,

Sure, that’s possible – just please note, that the Generator can’t handle multiple splines and these should be attached together – once done, the "Auto Align" option within the Extend X/Y Size to Area mode should do the trick. This option creates an array aligned automatically with each sub-spline. This mode is very suitable for roofs and panels. Two modes are available. For both modes, the Z axis is always perpendicular to the plane formed by the spline. a) "X --> XY": X axis is parallel to the RailClone XY plane (considering the local axis of the object). b) "to Spline": X axis is aligned with the first Spline segment (you can use the "Make first" vertex and "Reverse" spline to modify alignment).

I would suggest you check the "Creating Roofs with RailClone" for more detailed info and recommendable techniques.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

GB2081

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 09:12:08 AM »
Thank you for your help.
There are still some issues. In the attached image you can see, that coplanar spline areas do not always work. (Situation A)
When I rotate the spline-subobject a bit around the Z axis, it works. (Situation B)
At least most of the time. I often have to push the button "rebuild" although automatic rebuild is checked.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 09:51:58 AM »
Hi,

In such a case, I would suggest "helping" the algorithm by setting the Hierarchy Checking to By Mat.ID and specify different Material IDs for these sub-splines. That should help. In case of any further troubles with it, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here.

Best regards,

Arslan

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 11:28:58 AM »
Hi,

I had a similar problem and I learned the solution here.

https://youtu.be/IM9BWCTtNYc?t=2744

Best regards.