Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone Crash when I press render button  (Read 796 times)

Billd

Railclone Crash when I press render button
« on: January 27, 2022, 03:03:03 PM »
I recently created a railclone object, when I want to render it to see the material result, it will definitely crash, but once I hide that object, it will keep render without problem.

I've test for a couple of hours still unable to figure out what is going on, and I tried on both 3ds max 2022 and 2020, nothing changed :( :( :(. The screen recording and scene file I post below.

The software I'm using is VRay 5.22 and Railclone 5.11.

Video Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIOyrZn_Pr0

Scene Files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7-Ft4KbgWJ4V_iYe81M6TnS4k_neTbH/view?usp=sharing

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Railclone Crash when I press render button
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 03:02:04 PM »
HI,

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear about these issues. I can reproduce the crash here, and I'll pass it over to our development team for further investigation. You can get around it by converting the RailClone object to native instances using RailClone tools, although there are a lot of objects so it slows down performance a bit. In my tests the issue seemed to affect only IR mode. Was that also the case for you?

Best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 04:19:44 PM »
I have checked some individual RC objects for a time a had. I merged one by one and noticed that Railclone5 have an issue when I just try to apply new basic Vray material and crashed Max.

Billd

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 01:01:14 PM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply, I will try to convert it into instances later.

In my tests the issue seemed to affect only IR mode. Was that also the case for you?

Unfortunately, in my case both IPR and product rendering will crash immediately.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 09:43:31 AM »
I needed three days to isolate this (really hidden) bug, but it's already fixed for next update.
It affects only to Segments using Exported Attributes from other Segments.

Until then, as workaround you can use Display->Proxy Cache to set these objects to 'Embedded' mode. That will prevent the crash in render.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Billd

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 02:15:59 PM »
Thank you so much itoo team, I appreciate for your great job, I will go check my scene again.
Wish you have a good day and happy lunar new year! ;D