Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC road help  (Read 5364 times)

BC4316

RC road help
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »
I don't have a great understanding of the math nodes yet, which i am guessing i need to solve this, so any help  is greatly appreciated!

I have taken the defaul RC road, and am needing to modify it to work better with our studio. one of the things I've been asked to add are these little road bumps that follow the stripes. I need them to stay ontop of the road stripes and have them absent where the stripes are absent.

As mentioned, I've started with one of the default railclone road as a starting point, but am stuf with this art.

I've attached a screenshot to show what i'm working with.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: RC road help
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:22:07 AM »
Hi,

A possible way would be to build a style with three Linear 1S Generators (for road, roadLines & roadBumps). The "gap" (where road lines / bumps will not be placed) can be created by an empty Segment (having its size driven by a Numeric Parameter) wired to the Evenly input, where the Evenly Distance will be sum of "Line Length" & "Line Spacing".

Attaching sample scene with this style set-up. Hope you'll find it useful.

Best regards,

BC4316

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
Thanks Michal, that looks like a great solution, ill give it a shot in my scene!

BC4316

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 10:05:25 PM »
ok got the others issues worked out but found a new one while attempting to use the road for a projects.

this is an extreme example, but certain hills that i need to follow along some topology, the lines and other elements start to float off the road. I cant figure this one out.

as always, i appreciate any help, thanks!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 09:51:03 AM »
Hi,

It's really hard to say just from provided screen-shot what's causing it. Would you mind to send us your scene to check it here? Thanks in advance.

Did you try to raise the Style - Curve Steps / lower the Surface Interp. values? In case, you're using the Y Offset feature, I would suggest to enable the Simple Y Offset mode to check if that helps. As mentioned in our on-line reference guide: "Standard Y-Offset uses a sophisticated algorithm to compute Y-Offset paths, but in some cases does not generate the expected result. Simple Y-Offset provides an alternative algorithm that may resolve these problems. Enable this mode if you get distorted geometry when using standard Y-Offset."

Best regadrs,