Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Neon Style  (Read 915 times)

mabulsoud

Neon Style
« on: April 02, 2019, 02:42:14 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to create a neon style but I'm hitting a few of weird issues as you can see from the images attached.
1. the two different types of tube can't connect properly (NEON_Connection.jpg). Ideally I would like to filled the corners using RC, but whether it's with RC or through the spline itself many tubes just disappear (NEON_WithFillet.jpg)

2. The fasteners appear to be at random directions, they should all be pointing up instead. I tried resolving it using mirroring upon Rokas' suggestion, but for some reason the mirrored fasteners are rotated ever so slightly that they don't hold the tube properly so that solution seems to not work either.

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction to resolving these issues. I can send the .max file privately if needed.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:03:06 PM by mabulsoud »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Neon Style
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 03:23:21 PM »
Hi,

It's really hard to say just from provided images how to fix it. If possible, please send us the problematic scene to analyze it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

mabulsoud

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 04:49:17 PM »
I've tried to figure out another solution and it's almost there. My only issue now is that I can't control the spline ID of the newly created segments when using using the fillet radius option under corner. Is there a way to do this through an expression?

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
You can't modify Spline Material ID when filleting from withing RC. You can fillet spline as editable spline and have full control on how to assign material IDs.

Rokas

mabulsoud

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 04:25:41 PM »
Hi Rokas,

I've found a solution to this by using a null corner segment. But it seems to be causing an issue with "jagged" fillets. I have sent an updated max file to the email Michal provided.