Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Request: Mapping node  (Read 3612 times)

George

Request: Mapping node
« on: October 14, 2014, 02:16:03 AM »
I want to apply random offsets to my UV's - not use box-mapping. It would be best if this was put in a separate node (see attached).

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Request: Mapping node
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »
The new UVW XForm operator is almost ready and will be included in RailClone 2.4.

Although unfortunately it's not possible to generate a new mapping from operators (because limitations of the instancing engine), Segment->Mapping now can be applied to multiple channels. That combined with UVW XForm should cover all mapping needs.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »
The new UVW XForm operator is almost ready and will be included in RailClone 2.4.

Although unfortunately it's not possible to generate a new mapping from operators (because limitations of the instancing engine), Segment->Mapping now can be applied to multiple channels. That combined with UVW XForm should cover all mapping needs.
great news! what do you mean by: ...UVW XForm... how that can be used?
Rokas

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:23:04 AM »
great news! what do you mean by: ...UVW XForm... how that can be used?

It works in the same way that UVW XForm modifier. Allows to modify mapping coordinates of the input segment (fixed values or randomly).
It's compatible both with existing mapping coordinates, or channels generated by Segment->Mapping.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 05:16:18 AM »

Yeah! Random UVW Xform, this feature is super important to me. I also hope you will add a new node for batch importing segment objects strongly. But when will the RailClone 2.4 release ?
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:30:47 AM »
Yeah! Random UVW Xform, this feature is super important to me. I also hope you will add a new node for batch importing segment objects strongly. But when will the RailClone 2.4 release ?

We have plans to releaase a beta in the next weeks. I would like to include as much features as possible.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software