Please see the attached file for a revised approach that improves corners. I've made a few changes as follows.
- Set the Generator's corner bevel mode to None
- Turned off Bend
for all segments.
- Added a Numeric
node to the Generator's Bevel Radius
parameter to help automatically round of sharp bends.
- Changed the way spaces between cars are created. Instead of adding random padding to the cars themselves, I've added it to a separate Null
segment and added this plus the cars to a Sequence
operator to create a pattern of Car ->empty space ->car etc. This helps the cars to more accurately track the spline's path.
- Turned on Reverse for the second generator to create traffic on the other side of the road (the previous version used mirror operators)
I hope this approach helps to solve some of the corner issues you've been having. For your second questions, to randomise Colours with Corona I'd recommend trying the following:
- In your materials use Corona Multi Tex
maps for your colour variations. Set the mode to Instance
- Create your style as normal but you don't need to add a Material map, as you mentioned this doesn't work with the instancing mode turned on when rendering with Corona.
- Leave the instancing engine On
and use RailClone Tools
to convert the RailClone object to instances.
- Render. Each instance will take a randomised colour or texture from the list in the Corona Multi Tex map.
As an alternative you could also use RailClone to lay down markers that are then used by Forest Pack to place cars. This has the advantage of allowing you to use Forest Colour to create randomisations. You can see more details about this technique in our Cars tutorial
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.