Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Roof tile macro not working as expected  (Read 488 times)

Jens Andersen

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • Ikonoform
Roof tile macro not working as expected
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
Hi

I putting the new roof tile macro to good use on a current client project. Most surfaces (clipping area splines) have gone smoothly so far. But now I have encountered this result:



Had the same problem earlier and managed to fix it, but now I have forgotten what exactly I did  ::)

Tried a bunch of stuff. Scene file attached if any one could be so kind to take a quick look at it :)


Paul Roberts

  • iToo Software
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1583
Re: Roof tile macro not working as expected
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the file. It seems RailClone is having a few issues parsing that spline, probably because it is quite complex. The solution appears to be to change the spline numbering. Just pick a vertex in the large boundary spline, right-click and choose Make First to change the order. I found that picking on in the notch on the left of the roof worked well.



I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Jens Andersen

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • Ikonoform
Re: Roof tile macro not working as expected
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 02:41:12 PM »
Paul to the rescue yet again  :)

Thank you very much for the speedy reply. And yes I only found it working well with two of the corner vertices.