Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: enter/tab not working properly  (Read 1291 times)

LH2287

enter/tab not working properly
« on: December 04, 2018, 08:32:23 PM »
Hello,

I am having an issue where in the style editor in Railclone doesn't recognize "Enter" and "Tab" keys. Whatever value I type wherever in the style editor and I hit enter after that it doesn't recognize the command - like I am not hitting any key at all. Tab on the other hand is recognized and works almost properly except that it doesn't go to the next value tab, but marks the nodbased viewport. Strange is that if I enter in my home computer from work trough Teamviewer "Enter" and "tab" work as intended, but when I get back home keys don't work again. It might be some windows issue/3ds max issue but I don't really know where to start to look at.

Any help will be appreciated since not being able to insert values in railclone makes it tedious and frustrating. If you need any more information I'd gladly provide it.

Best regards

Rokas

Re: enter/tab not working properly
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »
I am not sure I understand Your situation correctly. More information is needed to understand the issue.
Anyway does it happen only in RailClone style editor? Have You noticed any similar effects outside it?
Rokas

LH2287

Re: enter/tab not working properly
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:49:41 PM »
Hello again,

Let's pretend that I want to have left padding of 1cm and I type 1 in the left padding field (green square on the attached). In order to enter that value I am supposed either hit the TAB or ENTER key on the keyboard.

- When I hit the ENTER key nothing happens. I continue spamming it - nothing happens - it feels like you don't have key. I have to either click with the mouse somewhere in the viewport field (marked in blue on the attached) or click somewhere else or hit the tab key.
- When I hit the TAB key instead, the marker doesn't go in the right/top/bottom field (marked in orange arrow on the attached) but it follows the green arrow and goes on the viewport panel (marked in the other green square).

This happens everywhere in the style editor and makes the working process really slow. Forest pack works fine-this issue doesn't occur there.

I hope this is clearer

Best regards