Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RailClone 3 Vray DR problem  (Read 2667 times)

MI1269

RailClone 3 Vray DR problem
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:56:50 AM »
hi guys,
yesterday I installed RC3 on my workstation and 2 rendernodes. Custom installation > change path for libraries and textures. Update Manager on WS and the 2 nodes successful. Every node has access to the mapped drive. No problems with RC 2.7.5.

Now i have white buckets in the rendering (just nodes) > missing textures?

FP Pro works fine

I tested FP 5.4.0 and RC 3.0.7

Test scene:
FP Blue Cornflower (Detail)
RC Alternate Thickness Panels - Horizontal - 1.2M (Exterior > Fences > Wood)

Any ideas?

JTP Vis

Re: RailClone 3 Vray DR problem
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »
have you looked at the texture paths in your asset browser?

Check out:
Max (menu): References: Asset Tracking

I always make sure there is a network path for all assets, and it is a UNC file path. So long as all the assets have unc paths it should render correctly.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Bill

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're facing those troubles. Would you mind to specify which renderer and its release are you currently using? Thanks in advance.

Best regadrs,

MI1269

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »
no problem  :)

Info:
3ds Max 2018
Vray 3.6

I checked the Asset Tracking in Max > Make Path absolute > oops. The RC maps pointing to C:xxxxxxxxxxx\maps.

Where can I set the right path for RC?b In the installation i changed all paths.

The same issue now with FP. Is there an ini file or else?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 03:35:21 PM »
Hi,

External paths are listed in the 3ds Max configuration Customize - Configure User Paths - External files stored in 3dsmax.ini, by default located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\<max version>\enu\3dsmax.ini

Generally, we recommend to resolve all references used by Forest Pack / RailClone with the Asset Tracker to absolute UNC paths. It's not necessary, but usually this way you avoid any texture path issues while using distributed rendering.

Anyway, might be, that's not a paths related issue and thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

JTP Vis

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 03:38:56 PM »
This is where I'd normally have all the rc maps on the server. I usually use a plugin called Relink Bitmaps by Colin Senner which works with Max up to at lest 2017 (not tested 2018 yet). In this plugin you can point it to the network drive where the maps are (you don't even have to specify the exact path) and it will find the right files on your drive location and fix the paths in your file.

The way we work we do check all the paths before any network or distributed render, in all connected files, making sure they point to the correct network drives. It's a manual process, but it makes sure they render. It's usually forest pack distribution maps that we forget to fix, but it's so predictable it's easy to fix.

Personally, I wouldn't add the paths to the 3dsmax.ini as it has caused me problems in the past, but if itoo recommend it don't let me get in the way. I've found that this isn't always understood by v-ray and may still not work correctly.

Cheers,

Bill

MI1269

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 10:00:47 AM »
problem solved