Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Scale Mode and stretched UVs  (Read 4449 times)

FO3538

Scale Mode and stretched UVs
« on: August 22, 2017, 02:43:14 PM »
Hello,

this might be an easy problem for you guys but i ve been scratching my head for many hours on it...

I wanted to take the "parametrizing window" exemple and make my own set of windows alternating with columns. As the ground is sloping, the window will have varying heights.

I am having three issues.
My first one is that my left segment doesnt scale, even though the mode of my 2d array is set to scale.

My second is that, if the element gets properly scaled, it also scales up my UV mapping, even thoguh the segment is set to "Real world map size"

And my third one is that the UVW Xform operator doesnt manage to randomize the positionnig of the texture.

It seems that I am missing something quite obvious... But 'I would really appreciate if one of you could guide me to the right tracks!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Scale Mode and stretched UVs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:39:15 PM »
Hi,

Scaling in the Y axis isn't handled in the same way as on the X axis - the best way to understand the nuances of the A2S generator is to think of it as a stack of L1S generators.

Attaching the modified scene, where the size of scaled Segments is calculated by using XSectionLength / YSectionLength attributes and exported sizes of "corner Segments". The Mapping > Apply Box Mapping feature is enabled. Hope that helps.

Let me add, that we acknowledge that RC comes with a much steeper learning curve than Forest Pack. In an effort to help users get acquainted with RailClone, we have an ongoing series of tutorials you may find helpful, and detailed documentation. I would recommend you to check our RailClone "Getting Started with RailClone" followed by our "Next Steps with RailClone" guides too.

Best regards,

FO3538

Re: Scale Mode and stretched UVs
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »
Hello Michal,

Thanks for the tips. I somehow thought that it would have been possible to achieve that without using arithmetic expressions.
But now that I undersatood how to use them, it was possible to fine tune the composition of my facade.

It was really really tedious. I suppose that I am very slow because everything is new to me and I have to debug something at every step. But the fact is that I have spent way more time trying to build this facade with railclone than without. But I ll get a hang of it...