Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC bucket rendering DR material issue  (Read 373 times)

IT1371

RC bucket rendering DR material issue
« on: December 23, 2021, 07:29:30 AM »
Scene made in Vray 5.20.02 and RC 4.2.1 under 3dsmax 2021.3.2 and rendering via DR.
All workstations and all render nodes have equal access privileges to the NAS share vis SMB3 and a 10gbe connection.

Attached a screenshot of a small fragment of the scene.
There are vraylights behind the windows. Infront of every vraylight there is a curtain that is generated by RC.
The materical for the RC object is a simple vray material with a VrayMultiSubTex in the diffuse slot and a VrayColor in the opacity slot.
Locally it renders correctly.
As soon as I DR, buckets are all over the place and the material is being ignored from the DR.

BUT, If I disable the "Use Instancing Engine" in that RC everything renders correctly with DR.

Anyone else came across this annoyance?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: RC bucket rendering DR material issue
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 09:43:53 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. Last week we published the RailClone 5 with many improvements and changes. Would you mind giving it a try to see if there's any difference (even in RC4 releases published after the mentioned version, there were introduced several fixes)? Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

IT1371

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 02:02:47 PM »
Done. RC 5 purchased and installed. Experiencing the exact same behavior.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear, you're still facing troubles with it. If possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. In case of a big file size, please use a web sharing service like WeTransfer. Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great. Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,