Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Scripts for RailClone  (Read 129651 times)

antmarch

• portfolio
Re: Scripts for RailClone
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 12:12:21 PM »
for some reason the reverse spline script doesn't work anymore.  I have it as a button on my menu. 
I click the reverse spline only, and it messes up the ID's, never used to do this.  Happens on very simple splines even with only 2 id's.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 12:27:23 PM »
Hi,

That's odd. Are you using a different version of Max?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

KD2696

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »
Hi,
Is it possible to make the script, when multiple face are selected, to name the created Roofspline like Roofspline_001, Roofspline_002, ...etc ... and, when created if Roospline_x exists, create Roofspline_x+1
Thx.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 03:38:46 PM »
rcRandomSeed

This script will automatically change the Random Seed value for selected RC object(s). Select desired object(s) or use the Select All RC Objects button to pick all RC objects in your scene. Than by clicking the reSeed button, it'll randomly assign new "Random Seed" values to those RC objects.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:01:51 PM by Michal Karmazín »

o_wal

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »
Hi there!
Is it possible to make the script which will select base spline of RailClone object?
I think it will be useful for all RC users.
Thank you in advance

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:52 AM »
Hi,

You can easily select any spline / surface used via 3ds max's quad menu (right click) - Select RailClone Base Object. Hope that helps.

Best regards,

o_wal

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2017, 11:03:08 AM »
It, great! Thanks

Alex.S

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »
If anyone needs a script to bulk disable use instancing engine to selected objects (sure it can be done better, i usually just evaluate all for script editor)...

Code: [Select]
sel = selection as array
count = 1

undo on "Disable Instancing Engine"
(
if sel.count > 0 then
(
while count <= sel.count do
(
obj = sel[count]
count += 1

obj.rendermode = off
)
)
)

MF1030

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2017, 10:40:25 PM »
Hello

I have difficulties with the apply RC to poly script and railclone 3

It happens especially when I have a hole in a surface, like a wall with a window.

The spline generated often appears to be invalid and the same as when I select the face, Ctrl click the edges and then create shape from selection.
Instead of creating two independent rectangles it makes a diagonal that connect the rectangles like on this video https://youtu.be/5w5s3hbfrVc?t=139.

If I clean up the diagonal, it will work but I have the inside not hollow (like https://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=4585.0 ), the solution I found is to put the first vertice on the bottom left corner, and ask RC to realign

I am not super happy with my solution as it is a bit tedious and quite a few manual steps.

Do you have any advice or suggestions ?

Thank you

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 11:38:53 AM »
Hi,

RailClone 3 includes new features that should mean that you no longer need to use the script. In RailClone 3 a single RailClone object can populate multiple splines and automatically align them. For these sorts of uses  you may need to change your Auto Align mode (in the generator's clipping properties) to X-XY, and for complex shapes with apertures you can change the hierarchy checking mode to By Material ID and then assign material IDs to the splines to tell RailClone which ones belong to a single face. You can read more about these different modes in our documentation here: https://docs.itoosoft.com/railclone/style-editor/2d-arrays-generator-a2s#id-2Darrays-GeneratorA2S-clippingClippingArea

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

MF1030

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2017, 06:45:17 PM »
Hello Paul

Thank you for your answer, indeed it helps a lot as it saves the duplication for each spline + alignment of the Railclone object.

I have still an issue concerning the spline creation. If I use the script or Ctrl+edge I have spline as the one attached.

When I run this in railclone it does not see the hole and cover the whole surface.

Do you have a not too manual solution to fix this kind of issues ?

Thank you

FC1888

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
If I read it right, you have converted the edges of a polygon, with a hole, to crate a spline, for RC, however you would need to remove the diagonal spline which is causing the error. Basically it will be a single spline but have two disconnected parts, the outer one and the inner one, having a spline connecting the outer and inner, means RC sees only the one spline and fills the areas. Hope that cures your problem.

yanosh HRDY

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 11:08:16 AM »
Hello,
Can anyone tell me where to find this plugin that is mentioned in this tutorial? thanks in advance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhZE0ui55lI
at 14:40 min
named : RC_CreateBoundarySplines

(see attached screenshot)

thank you!!
yanosh

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2018, 11:30:46 AM »
Hi Yanosh,

That script is available in the downloads for the tutorial. You can find the link in the top-right corner of this page: https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/creating-roofs-with-railclone

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

yanosh HRDY

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2018, 12:28:40 PM »
perfect!!
thank you Paul...
I actually have a lot of questions that come to me about Rail clone, not necessarily about the plug in ... I'll sort, condense all that and ask questions in the section dedicated ... ;)