Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: segment not covering the whole spline  (Read 2447 times)

corgnaac

segment not covering the whole spline
« on: June 14, 2018, 04:34:47 PM »
Hi,

I think the subject is quite explainatory, but here is a top view showing the problem.
Does anyone know where that comes from.
Hapens quite often actualy. The segment is quite long because i want to avoid the tilling with a quite large texture.

Cheers

corgnaac

Re: segment not covering the whole spline
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 09:42:18 PM »
Hi

Is it possible to have an answer maybe from the iToo team ? It happens to me quite often and I have a professional use of the software  so I need to know what I'm doing wrong, I can't deliver a picture with that kind of errors, and making up by remodeling in poly is quite time consuming.
I have to admit I'm quite surprised nobody else ever dealt with that troubles, wich is leading me to think that the  cause of the problem is between the screen and the chair  ;), but I've tried a lot of things wich dindn't worked…
Mainly when I move spline's vertex it gets better but I have to be precise with the map delivered by my client so, not an option.
Any help would be welcome.

Cheers

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: segment not covering the whole spline
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
Hi, i apologize for the delay in replying. Our support team had a busy week due to the release of FP6.

We have seen this issue before, when an unique segment is scaled along a long spline.
RailClone was not designed to work in this way (most of styles use small tiled segments), and probably the deformation algorithm doesn't suit well with long scaled segments. The problem is in our to-do list for checking.

Meanwhile, have you tried applying the texure using Segment->Mapping Box, with a tiled segment ?. That should avoid the tiling of the texture.

If you upload a test scene, we can take a look to it.

Thanks,

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software