Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Thoughts on "Evenly"  (Read 525 times)

QN1156

Thoughts on "Evenly"
« on: August 06, 2022, 06:46:28 PM »
Hi:
Have an idea, is it possible to add the X size of "start", "Corner", and "End" to the calculation of "Evenly"? This way the segments will not overlap, and if you can add Padding settings to this, "Evenly" will be more accurate

Dragan

Re: Thoughts on "Evenly"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 06:53:25 PM »
Hi
I have a macro for this issue, you can get it on this link:
https://dragan-prodanic.gumroad.com/l/QXogX

However with the new Arithmetic Attribute: X/Y SectionAdjustedLength this is quite easy to accomplish.

QN1156

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 08:31:52 PM »
Thank you very much for your help, but the method you gave doesn't seem to work for my case, I can make the window the same size at the start and end position, but that's not the best solution either, because that would be shorter than the spline, but" Corner" I have no way to make the windows the same size, and the "Corner" position of your solution is not the result I want. Thank you again for your help.

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 08:41:22 PM »
Can you share the file and please save it for max2020.

QN1156

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 08:51:36 PM »
Attachments are in 2020 format

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 10:43:55 PM »
well, I`m not quite sure what is the goal here.
How do you want to fit all those segments? At the moment I`m not sure what is right and what is wrong.

For a start, you need to fix all the picots on the original geometry segments because you are using them in Graph.

QN1156

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 11:21:41 PM »
I want to make the window in the red circle and the window in the green circle the same size, the size of the window in the red circle in method A is wrong, and the method B uses the position change of the pivot to make the window on the side correct , but will be shorter than spline