Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: shutters  (Read 1512 times)

Pierre

• Studiosezz
shutters
« on: June 07, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »
Hello,
I'm trying to distribute open and closed shutters on a facade. I managed  to to it with a randomize+ composed + transform operator but it's not perfect because it is not completely random.
Is there an easier and better way to do it ?
My  method generates a problem at the end of the spline, the shutters don"t start at the end as they do at the start. How can I fix this ?
Hope this makes sense !

Thank you for the help
Pierre
Studiosezz PARIS
www.studiosezz.com

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: shutters
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 09:27:39 AM »
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the question. You can do this by using the Random Number node to choose when to randomise the segments. This node has several choose for when a Random number is generated, including per segment, per X Spline, per RailClone object, per Array Y Row, and per X spline section. In this case I would use it by wiring it to the Z Fixed rotation input of a Transform operator.

I see in your style you have used 3 different version shutter angles using Fixed rotations. In this case you could connect the 3 Compose nodes to a Selector operator, Export the Index, and wire it to the Random node. In both cases, you should set the Random node's Generate On property to X Spline Start.

I've attached a sample file for the first technique which should give you more variations. I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks!

Paul.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Pierre

• Studiosezz
Re: shutters
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 09:45:02 AM »
Hi Paul and Thank you very much.
I will modify my settings with your advice because they want more open shutters than closed. But I keep you example in my library because it's better and easier.
Merci !
Pierre

Studiosezz PARIS
www.studiosezz.com