Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: facade paneels have to stay vertical at same position ?  (Read 1506 times)

NP2889

facade paneels have to stay vertical at same position ?
« on: December 03, 2015, 12:08:49 PM »
Hi everyone..

I maybe have a simple problem.. lets see.   

Some colleges want to wrap a simple  window pannel arround a building. at differing hights, the fassade sometimes is moddeled to go further away from the others ore swings into the building..  at other parts, the fassade stays on top of the floors below.

So when wrapping my module around the faccade, i want to have the segments stay on top of each other, and not get on the x-achsis of the array moved, as long as the outline stays on top of each other. also the segments have to be moved about 40cm away from the outline..

how can i reach this aim without segments beeing cut in halves at vertics points and without two much distorsion of the segments ? 

maybe simple , maybe differing aproaches.. ?  do i have to split vertices, adaptiv ? Tile ? at all corners, reset ?  which way is best ?

NP2889

Re: facade paneels have to stay vertical at same position ?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 12:22:30 PM »
one further thought..

i thought, that adaptive would force Railclone, to count the segments beginning at a vertic until the next vertix and scall in the next whole number of complete segments. 

so if two segments of differing floors at the same position with the same outline, would lead to segments staying exakt on top of each other..   but this dosnt seem to work ..  along this example after some roundings, the segments seem to move different on the x axis.. hmm ...

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »
Hi,

You're right that adaptive mode should do this but you need to force a break in the array at the vertices. To do this you can wire an empty segment to the Corner node. From the Generator's properties > Rules > Corner > Vertex Type you can choose the vertex type that will force a break.

Please see the attached file for a demo and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

NP2889

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »
Hey Thank you..

thats it..  seems to work.   So adaptive calculates a segment from the first pointof the spline untill ...  the end..

and if you put in a segment without scale, it calculates allways from this break untill the next break...  so to make this work you also have to use all vertices..

for me this works.. now well test it in a real projekct

thanks

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 01:22:54 PM »
Glad we could help out.

Cheers!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software