Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Sidewalk width  (Read 1513 times)

Bobby Parker

Sidewalk width
« on: June 22, 2016, 08:45:53 PM »
It should be intuitive, but I can't find a way to decrease my sidewalk, using a Railclone curb style.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Sidewalk width
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:54:43 AM »
Hi,

I'm afraid the the Sidewalks in the Curb library don't have exported parameters to adjust the width. The sidewalk libraries do however.

If you'd like to ammend the existing curb libraries so that you can scale the sidewalk you could try the following.

1 - Open the style editor, locate the generator and segments for the sidewalk (not curb stones) and add a transform operator for each input used in the generator.

2 - Export the Y Fixed Size property for each generator and wire this to a Numeric Node. You can use this to adjust the width from the modify panel.

3 - Set Alignment > Y to Bottom.

#

4 - Finally, adjust the generator's Y Offset so that the pavements butt up to the curb stones correctly.

I've attached a sample amended style. I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Bobby Parker

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »
Okay, thanks. I'll try it.

AVARCH

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 10:51:20 AM »
Hi. So sorry for thread necromancy, but was this option ever implemented? Yesterday I was struggling with curbed sidewalk width and couln't find an option to change the width. I used the blueprint that Paul Roberts provided and it kinda worked, but it got very complicated.

Any solution to this?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 02:49:42 PM »
Hi,

The built in styles haven't been updated since this thread started I'm afraid. The file above is still valid though and we are going to start gradually rennovating all the libraries.

Thanks for understanding,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software