Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC vs Corona Lightmix  (Read 442 times)

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
RC vs Corona Lightmix
« on: June 07, 2022, 01:07:46 PM »
Hi,
Is it any way to control intensity railcloned lights inside RC or Corona API doesnt allow it?
For now I can increase value by manpulate Segment object ( cant be embedded )

And second question: I cant add RC object as light source in Lightmix manually ( if i add it doesnt have any impact on Lightmix ) - RC object is always as Rest (unassigment)

Best
Michal

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: RC vs Corona Lightmix
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 03:01:59 PM »
Hi,

thanks for the question. This does work in Forest Pack, but unfortunately not yet in RailClone. The reason is that Corona has to add support for the updated RailClone API. I'm afraid we cannot do this from our side.

We added support for non-geometric objects to the RC API for the new releases, but I don't think the Corona team have yet to add native support for this feature. As a workaround, we have added a function that adds lights in the scene in pre-render, but it is that, a workround, and it isn't compatible with lightmix sadly. 

On the other hand, Forest was different because its API always supported scene nodes since its first version so no change was needed on the Corona side. RC instead, initially only worked with meshes... not scene nodes

In short, we need Corona to make some changes on their side to support native light instancing using RailCone, which should also bring with it compatibility with Lightmix.

Best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
Re: RC vs Corona Lightmix
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 04:04:48 PM »
Paul,
Thank you for info. I hope Corona Support Team will fix it soon.