Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Multiple Generators arithmetic interchange  (Read 801 times)

Dragan

Multiple Generators arithmetic interchange
« on: November 28, 2020, 01:54:23 PM »
Hi
I think we had some talk about this during RC4 beta.
It will be great if we could make an interchange for arithmetic nodes from all generators in the Style.
I know this probably is not `just a bit of modifying the code` (like preserving the segments... ;D) but it would give a lot more power to RC.
I tried to fake it by connecting a UVW Xform node to a non-operating connector and I got it in the Attribute list but no value in real action.
tnx

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 11:12:51 PM by Dragan »

Rokas

Re: Multiple Generators arithmetic interchange
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 09:48:26 AM »
Thanks for Your suggestions. Added to the list.
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 11:36:30 AM »
 ??? ??? ???
This is one of the situations...

Here is just a simplified style out of the bigger picture, so don`t ask me why  8)
The Linear0 is in tile mode (possible count) and it is split to the sections by the NULL segment and the numeric Evenly Distance node.
I set the X size for the BOX Segment by Arithmetic Node (In the final, nested Generator will go instead of the Box Segment)

Second Linear1 generator will use Nested TEAPOT just for Start/End position.
The size of Start/End segments is used to Limit the paddings of the first Linear0.

Change Evenly Distance and X Size parameters - So far so good.

At some point, I need to Fit X Size of the TEAPOT to the SectionLenght of the Linear0.
When Arithmetic node is connected to the  X Size returns 0.
When Transform X Size is connected returns value 100 which is the original BOX size even tough the Transform2 operator override it with Arithmetic XSectionLength.

Please check this if all those issues are just a bug or the code needs to be updated since all the connected generators Attributes are correctly displayed in the Arithmetic rollout.

P.S.
Not happy!  :D

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:46:25 PM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 11:55:57 AM »
waiting for the server to upload....

edit: I emailed to helpdesk
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:44:36 AM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 01:01:04 PM »
If the numeric node is connected it will pass through to the next generator but the arithmetic output value will not work. That is why I`m hoping that this is just a bug and not some serious issue that requires a lot of coding.