Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: sliding door tutorial  (Read 1591 times)

PS4115

sliding door tutorial
« on: May 21, 2019, 02:42:30 PM »
Hi

I wondering if Itoo could do a tutorial of creating parametric sliding door like the attached youtube link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waw5Q0rhZE4

As a beginner with Railclone Pro going through the tutorials on the website is awesome but I have no idea on how I would create this.  Creating sliding doors would help me greatly in my models.  Currently been doing them manually.

cheers
Clint

Rokas

Re: sliding door tutorial
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 04:12:22 PM »
Hi. thanks for suggestion.
These types of styles(windows, doors) will be easier in upcoming RailClone Version 4. We will make tutorial once it is released.
Rokas

KD4391

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 04:32:38 AM »
Hi mate

Is it possible to make it part of the library presets?

Forest pack - is extremely user friendly and very useable for the average person.  However I (and my colleagues) find that RC has a steep learning curve and even after countless hours trying to learn it, it seems that its not as user friendly for your average person.  Therefore if we can put such presets in so that we can use square/rectangle splines to determine where the sliding doors should be then that would be awesome.  Same goes for bi-folding/stacking/blinds/sheers.

Hoping more presets (and more modern) will be available in RC4?  When will we know?

DRuivo

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 12:30:49 PM »
I was also trying out the sliding doors, and I couldn't get it to work... :P

maknev

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »
That's awesome! If there was a way to add door handle that would be even better!

Mouton

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 11:12:19 AM »
any news on this top for the sliding door tutorial ?

Dragan

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 11:31:50 AM »
Hi, You can check the Macro I made following this post:
https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-/railclone-4-macros/

The Macro creates window/door frame with various opening mode (including Slide).

VanWijnen

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 01:06:12 PM »
Since it's been a while I was wondering if there will ever be a tutorial on how Paul made his sliding doors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waw5Q0rhZE4)

I know Dragan has a great one he's shared already, but it would be helpful to understand how the one Paul did was made. I'm looking for one almost exactly as his.

Dragan

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 01:37:27 PM »
3 min. set up just to get idea of how can it be done...
Sorry I can help you more at the moment. I`m in the deadline for some projects...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 01:42:46 PM by Dragan »

VanWijnen

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 04:50:13 PM »
Hi Dragan,

It amazes me how much you've helped so many people on this forum over the years. What you've just set up for me is already above my knowledge level so that's why I hope they'll make a tutorial from start, explaining why they add certain nodes.

I know if I mess around with it a bit and make something broken, either you, Rokas or any of the other guys will fix it in a heartbeat. For me that's very helpfull short term but I feel like I should learn how to do it myself, as to not always have to burden anyone else with it.

So again, thanks a lot for your help but I do still hope there will be a tutorial about it in the future so I will learn to do it myself.