Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Update frequency  (Read 506 times)

DM5847

Update frequency
« on: February 22, 2022, 10:33:13 AM »
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you are thinking about unifying the update moments for FP and RC. At the moment it feels like we are updating software every week (which we are...) but it would be a lot more efficient (and less frustrating) if the cycles could be unified so we don't have to go through all the pc's every week.

Obviously we appreciate the effort and service you guys are supplying (and I realise we can just turn off update notifications) but it would make the update process for the software a bit nicer imo.

Anyway, just a thought.

Regards,
Dean

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Update frequency
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 11:28:06 AM »
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the suggestion. It's been particularly busy with updates recently because we've just released two major versions and after each one there's always a flurry of fixes for critical issues that need to be fixed. It should settle down soon.

Generally speaking, when it comes to critical fixes that affect workflows, we choose to release them relatively frequently so that users can have access to the most stable version if they choose to. Please don't feel obliged to update unless there's something you need in the latest version or some new feature that look interesting. Another consideration for us is that users on a maintenance plan are more likely to have a build fall within their subscription period.

We appreciate the feedback though, we'll discuss it as a team.

Cheers,

Paul

« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 11:42:39 AM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 06:18:17 AM »
Personally, I'm in favor of keeping the current model. No one is forcing you to pick the version that suits you best and use that for a year or two. And only then update to the new one.

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 07:29:35 PM »
I also prefer current update model. I have pro version since 2014 and I like idea to update... when there is something which should be updated (e.g critical bugs) I really dont like updates related to date because devs are in rush and release not ready versions (sad story about other software). Please dont mess with subscription policy :)

DM5847

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 03:57:11 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. Just to clarify, I was only talking about the critical fixes that are happening frequently at the moment, we try to keep everything as up to date as possible as well. But as Paul mentioned, they should slow down soon enough. :D