RailClone > RailClone Pro (*)

slow viewport performance

(1/3) > >>

muoto:
Hello,

i got a scene with 3-4 railclones, not that heavy globally and there is always a small viewport lag when i start panning/rotating/zooming with the mouse.

i tried point-clouds/boxes etc, but the small lag remains.

As soon as i turn of the railcones, the lag dissapears and all is working smooth.

On my workstation, i got a dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6136 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 64gb ram, gforce rtx3090 with latest drivers, lastest FP/RC/win11, latest Corona and max2023. So should be rather ok...

Is there anything to do about this lagging ?

Thanks!

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. I wouldn't have thought there should be a lag for a relatively simple style in Box mode. Would you mind sending us a simplified scene that reproduces the issue? You can email it to helpdesk@itoosoft.com.

Many thanks,
Paul

muoto:
Will send it right away.
If i only enable FP, it seems to works well.

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

Thanks for the file. I've taken a look but on my system it appears to be working pretty well. With all RC objects in Box mode I'm getting 70 to 100+ frames per second in the viewports.

Could you let me know which version of RailClone you're using and what sort of FPS your getting too?

Cheers,
Paul

muoto:
When all in boxed mode, I get around 100fps indeed also
In quickmesh mode, around 10-15fps

that seems ok, but i have kind of 1-2 sec lag after a while when i want to pan/rotate/move the perspective viewport. It's something i do not have when having them turned off (and FP still on)

I have RC 5.2.2 installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version