Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Some weird gaps or werid overlaps between the wood floors, Why?  (Read 3356 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Some weird gaps or werid overlaps between the wood floors, Why?
« on: September 02, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »
Hi iToosoft,
I'm making a swimming pool with Railclone Pro. But there are some weird gaps or werid overlaps between the wood floors beside the pool. How can I get rid of them?
What's wrong with my segment object? They are just simple boxes.
I hope you can fix my scene. I've send you the scene file by E-mail.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Some weird gaps or werid overlaps between the wood floors, Why?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »
Hi,

Just answered via email but I'll post here too in case others encounter a similar problem.

I've noticed a couple of things in this scene that can be changed to improve the deformation of segments around the pool.
  • The overlaps are caused by the small number of curve steps used in the base spline. To improve the smoothness of the curves and minimise the unwanted deformation of segments there's no need to alter the spline itself, you can just increase the number of curve steps directly in RailClone from the Style rollout.
  • Segments do not always deform well on closed splines when the first vertex is on a curve. To fix this I've added a new vertex on a straight section of the path and set that set that to be the first. I've also changed the Default mode to adaptive so that the segments don't get sliced in the middle of a tile.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software