Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Default Railing  (Read 1146 times)

TL1895

Default Railing
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »
Hello,

I hope this is not redundant, but I just tried to use one of the included presets, and it has a problem with the brackets.
I used the wall mounted style.  I railing looks fine, but the brackets occasionally fall away from the railing.  I used bracket style 4, but all the styles have the same problem.
Any ideas how to fix this, please?  I'll be trying in the meantime...

Best regards
TL1895

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Default Railing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »
Hi,

I would suggest you to double check the "affected" vertex type - the Corner type would be recommendable. Is the base spline using the Optimize / Adaptive Interpolation option(s)? Please feel free to send us your scene to check it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

TL1895

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 07:44:42 PM »
Hello,

I'd send the scene, but I already moved on and didn't save the messed up one.
In case it helps, here are the steps I took, and answers to your questions.
In top view I drew my spline.  I made all verts type corner.
In perspective view, I move the segments to the proper Z heights.
Then I create the RC object and pick my spline.
I just chose the default style from the library. (I think it's called wall mounted, in Architecture.)

The result I got is shown in the last picture.

Also, I get an awful lot of brackets in certain areas, and cannot figure out how to control this.

Thanks again

TL1895

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 08:02:48 PM »
Also, I noticed if the display is set to point cloud, the sloped railing is displayed as if stepped.  Switching to adaptive or mesh, shows correct/actual sloping.

TL1895

Re: Default Railing - display
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »
Okay, I also noticed that adaptive and point cloud display behave as point cloud, and both show the sloped railing as stepped...
And with the attached preset style, on the sloped portions, there is strong mesh distortion...as well as the rail cap getting broken.
Any way to fix the top cap and stretching cables issues?

Thanks again,
TL1895
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:21:08 PM by TL1895 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 05:08:53 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for all additional info. Hard to say what might be causing it. Would you mind to send us your scene to have a look at it here? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

TL1895

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
Hi, please see attached .rar archive in previous post.
Thanks again

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 12:50:51 PM »
Hi,

Big thanks for all provided info. To maintain the optimal performance, the points-cloud issue evaluates a "simplified model" of the style and in this case using the Rules - Default - Scale mode in the Linear 1S Generator doesn't reflect the Segment's Deform mode.

Regarding the problematic corner: the usual approach to solve these problematic parts are to add a small fillet (Corner - Fillet Radius) or modify the Base Object (add a short horizontal part) - as advised in this "align posts" related thread. Attaching a modified scene with possible solution. Hope you'll find it useful.

To fix the deformation on cables caused by the Deform - Vertical mode, the style would need to be reworked completely to use the Deform - Adaptative mode for these Segments, but unfortunately this would bring other unwanted effects (because of the offset needed from the base spline).

Best regards,