Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RailClone Pro vs V-Ray Next update?  (Read 1520 times)

FC1888

RailClone Pro vs V-Ray Next update?
« on: March 23, 2019, 01:19:47 AM »
While it may well have been discussed/mentioned here before, I thought I would ask when the next big update for RailClone Pro is coming. Since we have much better interactivity using Forest Pack Pro, with Vray Next, with the ability to actually see and edit Forest Pack Pro objects, while using IPR, we don't as yet, have that same functionality with RailClone Pro, which would obviously be very useful. So just thought I would ask, when we can expect an update for RailClone Pro. Forest Pack Pro has seen a total of 14 updates in 2018 (including 10 betas) and 4 this year (2019, including 1 beta), while RailClone has seen no beta or full update, since July 2018, which I do find rather worrying.

I fully understand that they are both very different plugins and that adding such interactivity for RailClone Pro with V-Ray Next, may not be quite as simple as it is for Forest Pack Pro, but I do find it odd, that it doesn't seem to be getting the same attention as Forest Pack Pro seems to.

Both are inredibly useful in my line of work and and I am constantly amazed at what it is possible to do with both of them, but must admit, It does seem a little unfair, that Forest Pack has been stealing all the limelight, for almost a year now.

Dragan

Re: RailClone Pro vs V-Ray Next update?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 06:17:43 AM »
+1
... but as I understand they are very close to release the new Beta with `green dot` on the Generator right size which will be the great improvement (I guess that required a lot of hard work). Working with materials should also be much easier....
All we can do is wait for ;) and be thankful for great releases and the BEST support.

Best Regards
Dragan

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 09:44:22 AM »
Hi, i sincerely apologize that RC4 is taking so much time. Initially the first beta was planned for October 2018, but we had to delay it (several times) for different reasons.

One of them is the large amount of changes we made. In order to implement the new features, i had to rewrite many parts of the core.
That requires a slow process of check scenes, fix bugs, prepare a new build and check again.

The good news is that now we are dealing with a release date (for the first beta) of weeks, not months.

Unfortunately we could not solve the limitations with IPR.
As i described other times, since 3DS Max doesn't include a native mode for interactive render, both V-Ray and Corona uses their own hacks, modifying the scene while is rendering. Obviously this is not supported by the plugins, and causes many problems.

We could add our own hack in Forest, but the rendering process of RailClone is much more complex. Basically it's not possible to have a RC object simultaneously on viewport and render states.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

FC1888

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 12:22:59 AM »
Well I kind of guess since RailClone is a very different plugin to Forest Pack Pro, that it would either be incredibly difficult or perhaps not even possible to have the same IPR interactivity that FP now has, with V-Ray Next, but I am very glad to hear a beta for RC4 is not so far away. Totally understand the reasons for RailClone taking longer than you expected and very much looking forward to getting my hands on it, later in the year

Thanks for the prompt reply

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 06:24:08 PM »
The good news is that now we are dealing with a release date (for the first beta) of weeks, not months.

Any news?  ;)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »
Any news?  ;)

Not yet, sorry. The plugin is ready, but we are making changes to the other tools (License Manager, Update Manager...).

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 08:58:17 AM »
I have spent my vacation days (hoping to practice on RC4), my birthday has passed (no gift  :( )... still waiting for some news ...  :)

Rokas

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
Hi. If You can, please visit our booth in TotalChaos conference.
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 12:57:59 PM »
Thank you for info...  ;)

Mustafa

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 12:31:59 PM »
Can you give us hints for the new features in RC 4 (which mentioned in TotalChaos Conference)  ;D?

Dragan

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »
Guys, this is not funny any more  :D ... No news from London  :(

I left with only two birthdays in the next two months (my son`s and my wife`s).
Can we expect RC4 as a gift for some of those days  ;)  ? It's going to be a family event!!!

Best Regards.
Dragan
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 01:26:15 PM by Dragan »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 01:49:21 PM »
Hi, i apologize for the delay.
We are working hard to release it as soon as possible, but actually i prefer to not give you an estimated date (just because we failed in our previous estimations).

Same for the release notes, since we're making changes yet.
If that helps, new RC4 features include: nested generators, automatic materials from Segments, spline markers, viewport instancing, and more.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 01:56:03 PM »
Thank you.  :D

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 09:36:33 AM »
RC4 beta is public: