Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: doors behavior with Markers vs Spline ID  (Read 927 times)

wezzard

doors behavior with Markers vs Spline ID
« on: December 04, 2019, 07:14:26 PM »
Hi, I use to control my door styles with different IDs on Spline. Example: if the section is longer than 40" it will add another door (mirrored) or I can change direction of the opening with different vertice type (smooth, corner, etc)
Now i'm trying to start from scratch with railclone 4 to use markers instead. My main problem is, I think,  the use of compose operator. Like when I want my door to rotate or mirror, the frame will also move.
Is it possible to keep the freedom of the old method with the ability of changing individual markers of the new method? I feel like I should model every door setup i need in order to make use of markers..am i wrong?

Rokas

Re: doors behavior with Markers vs Spline ID
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 08:14:35 AM »
New compose operator should be easier to manage in simple and complex styles.
Can You please illustrate the problem You have with simplified max file ?
Rokas

wezzard

Re: doors behavior with Markers vs Spline ID
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 08:02:40 PM »
Ok so i've attached my "simplified" interior wall style (3.0 and 4.0 Style). Like I said I like the fact that:

-I don't have to tell the program to put a second door if the segment is larger than 40"
-I can Control precisely the opening of the doors (But I would prefer to adjust it independently by door in my 4.0 style)
-The base board stops at the end of ID=1 segments (But I don't mind to model it into the wall segment for my 4.0 style)
-I can control which side the door opens (controlled by vertices type, but would be a lot nicer to control directly with new UserData for 4.0 style)

And what i'd like in my 4.0 Style:

-Now I can control the width of a close door with userdata (But I would like my door to automatically copy and mirror to end side if value is larger than 40")
-Now my solution to controlling opening and direction of a door, is a fix size 90° opened door, that I control with different mirror operator using userdata (I would like to control width, direction and rotation using userdata. But since i dont want to use ID, I need Compose operator and that is where I can't go any further with my knowledge ..)

Thanks!