Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Start, corner, middle, end  (Read 612 times)

djibvongenf

Start, corner, middle, end
« on: July 05, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »
Hello,

Im struggling trying to understand to make a window following a path...
I have a start, a corner at some point and an end. And in between one or two slinging windows.

Corner works pretty well, as also start and end. And a huge  gap of air in between which i can't find a way to fill in.

Maybe someone has a clue or two.

Thank you

Dragan

Re: Start, corner, middle, end
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 01:05:10 AM »
I can't open the file due Max version.
But as I can see from image you are missing Default input. Also looking at the Segment you named as MID you will need two Default Segments with Sequencing to alternate. You can slice the two from MID segmet.
So,  DEF1/DEF2 in a Sequence at Default Input and MID/Mirrored_MID at Evenly Input.
Depending on the final number Odd or Even you will probably need to alternate (Sequence) Start/End segments. 

Since you basically have two frames on each rail let us name them R1 & R2 as suffixes.
So your lineup should go like this:
Start_R1 -> Def_R1 -> MID -> Def_R2 - Mirrored MID ->  Def+R1 -> MID -> Def_R2 - Mirrored MID ->Def+R1........... -> End_R1 or End_R2 (Depending on the last sequence default segment)

It is not complicated as it looks. Once you get your mind into line stacking you will be able to easily set up this kind of task. It is all about preparing the Input segments and simple stacking in a lineup. 

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 01:47:27 AM »
I managed to convert to a lower version of Max. (Please keep in mind to save your files in a lower version so other members could open the file and help.)

Unfortunately, there is not much time, so I made a version that uses nesting. I exposed some parameters so you can tweak it a little bit.
Let me know if you need more info about this.

djibvongenf

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 02:48:42 PM »
Awesome, thank you very much.

I had problem with the different section even on paper. Much clearer now.

Have a nice day

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 02:51:11 PM »
Glad to help